Best property for buy and hold?

4 Replies

I would like to get some feedback on what some of you view as the best type of residential property for buy and hold investing.
Are most of you filling your portfolio with urban single and two families in the $15,000 to $30,000 price range?
Are some of you looking at more suburban single families in the $100,000 and up price range?

That's really a math problem. Which generates higher returns? If they're the same cash on cash return, fewer tenants is better than more.

@Anthony Barbato I think that really depends on the market. Where I invest, you won't find $15-30,000 properties very often, even in the inner city areas.

I'm also a buy and hold investor, and my focus is on 2-4 unit properties in the $150,000 - $200,000 price range.

I recently purchase a Duplex that needs some TLC for $25,000. So its possible to find Investment properties in that price range. Nevertheless, I believe you should know the areas and of course the numbers have to workout as well. I have did this before and this has work for me....but its different for everybody.

Just from the responses you see so far you should

get the picture: " One Size Does Not Fit All"

The return on investment from Low Priced but High Risk

Property usually requires a substantially greater commitment

of Time and Resources and Hence only a greater ROI would

justify the involvement !

Realistic assessments of the need for "on-going" levels of

both Management and " Bricks and Mortar" support over the

term of the "Hold",.Your Comfort Levels for" Exposure"as well as

" Direct Invovement " all have to be factored in.

The Playing field for Buy and Hold today commands either a

compelling set of future trends and anticipated positives for the

term of the " Hold" or almost " Iron-Clad" stability .in venues

not expected to experience changes in use over time. Take the

"High Road" or the " Low Road" neither one is the same for

all travelers! Best for Success !

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here