I have a potential deal, looking for insights and lender direction.

I have a potential deal, looking for insights and lender direction.

Member since 2025 · 1 post · 0 votes

I’m working on a mixed-use 7-unit deal in St. Paul (2 buildings, 5 residential, 2 commercial). Current gross is ~$6,400/mo with rents way under market. At today’s numbers it’s worth ~$600–650K.

Here’s the play: St. Paul caps rent increases at 3%, but Section 8 bypasses that and pays at market. By cycling tenants (6–18 months), gross jumps to $8,000+/mo and stabilized value hits $900K+.

Seller is on board with a creative structure: $750K price (premium for seller financing), $30K down, 0% interest, $500/mo Year 1 then $1,700/mo fixed, 10-year balloon with planned exit in Year 5. Built-in vacancy protection and even a master lease fallback option.

I originally had a $75K private loan lined up (30K down + 45K reserves/CapEx), but the lender wasn't legitimate. Now I'm looking for either:

A replacement private loan (~$75K), or

A partner who wants in on a $250–300K spread over 5 years.

This deal is structured to support itself. Seller is flexible, and I’m open to creative structures that work for everyone. If you’re a lender or investor who wants to connect, let’s talk.

0Reply
64 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • William ThompsonBusiness Member
    Accountant · Williamstown, NJ · Member since 2025 · 323 posts · 178 votes
    1y

    Interesting structure! The numbers definitely work better once you factor in Section 8 bypassing the rent cap. Just a heads-up—on deals like this, the way you structure the financing and entity can swing the after-tax returns just as much as the rent increases. I’ve seen investors in creative seller-financed deals either win big or get surprised at tax time. If you want, I’m happy to walk through how this setup could look from a tax and cash flow standpoint before you lock it in.

    RE Accounting and Tax Professionals LLC522 Reviews
  • Flipper/Rehabber · DFW · Member since 2020 · 374 posts · 208 votes
    1y

    Just sent you a connection request with a contact that can probably help

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.