NEED A REAL ESTATE MENTOR!!

2 Replies

Hello, I am new to bigger pockets and I am in need of a real estate mentor! I am extremely interested in real estate but I don't know where to begin. I would like to start off as a wholesaler. Looking to get my feet wet before diving in head first. I'm self-motivated and have the drive to do what it takes to be successful. Fast learner and not afraid of failure! Let me know if you can help. It would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all

Welcome @Lance Dewberry !

You've come to the right place. We were all there at one point or another to one extent or another.

Step 1: keep reading on this site (and others) and listen to the podcasts, I know that's technically two things but still.

Step 2: Apply what you learn. If you learn a bunch and do nothing, nothing will happen. Start doing and it'll happen, as it happens more often it should get easier (at least that's what I'm told). :)

Step 3: Be patient and persistent. Typically it takes a while for marketing to start working, don't worry about screwing up your first few potential deals

If you keep doing those things, along with finding a Real Estate Investors Association, or some other REI group, in your area, you'll be on the right track.

I hope this helps, I know it's vague, but your question is a huge one. Good luck and ask a lot of questions, the more you learn, the better and more specific they get.

-Dante

P.S. Make sure to put up a photo on your profile, people are more inclined to help.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.