Votes
Travis White
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Goal Setting

Travis White
  • Houston, TX
Posted May 6 2014, 17:53

Newbie here looking for some guidelines for goal setting.

The notion of goal setting has come up in my reading here, other forums, and books on the subject. They all stress the importance of goal setting and some have examples of how to build backwards from an overall goal to a monthly goal etc. My problem is that I don't have a grasp on a reasonable range for goal setting....is $3k per month cash flow reasonable? $10k/month? $500k over a lifetime? $2M? When I start to think about where my goals might fit in or what is reasonable to expect, I get overwhelmed. So, I guess I'm looking for some guidelines to get the process started.

A little about myself to help the process. My wife and would like our investments to eventually become a full time job for her along with a $80-100k yearly income. Our current starting capital is $0, though she makes $45k/yr and I'll be making $90-110k/yr in a two years. Please don't hesitate to ask for more info on anything....I'm expecting to learn quite a bit about goal setting through picking this example apart. Hopefull, it'll be helpful to others in the same shoes too.

Loading replies...