Wholesaling in New Orleans, La

5 Replies

Looking to start a real estate wholesale business. I would like it to be a fully functioning business though, any advice. Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean by "fully functioning business". To wholesale you're basically going to want a reliable buyers list, a market strategy for getting word out that you're in the marketplace and a strong knowledge of the acquisition strategies your buyers are using. Once you nail the hard stuff, the rest is easy ;)

If you have a more specific question, I might be able to give you a better suggestion.

BTW, wish me a happy birthday. It's my birthday today!

Originally posted by @Tom Mole :
I'm not sure what you mean by "fully functioning business". To wholesale you're basically going to want a reliable buyers list, a market strategy for getting word out that you're in the marketplace and a strong knowledge of the acquisition strategies your buyers are using. Once you nail the hard stuff, the rest is easy ;)

If you have a more specific question, I might be able to give you a better suggestion.

BTW, wish me a happy birthday. It's my birthday today!

Happy birthday tom!

Tom,

Thanks and Happy Birthday! What I mean is having a LLC, website, business cards, business account, etc. Should I not worry about that and just get out in the field and get a deal? I guess when I am talking to motivated sellers I want to be professional as I can be.

Read the Book "The E-Myth" by Michael Gerber.

You'll Learn a lot about building a Real Business there.

@Dwight Walker Jr , It may seem incredible but I just saw your reply. I never got an email that you posted. I figure by now you totally know what you're doing and that you're crushing it out there, but if I had seen this reply, I would surely have said, get started doing. Find deals and find buyers. Do this right away.

You can always work out your branding and marketing as you progress. In fact, if you approach regular folks with slick, high polish campaign and you talk really fast, you might come off with "salesman breathe". I like to slow it down and get to know my motivated seller a bit. I want them know how much I care about them and their situation. Don't you find that people don't care how much know until they know how much you care?

That being said I would never show up at a networking meeting without at least a few "networking" cards. These simple cards have my contact information and little else. I want people to contact me and ask what I'm all about.

I find most folks that show up at a networking meeting saying they're new to RE investing and they are wholesalers usually go MIA within a couple of months. They were told by some guru that wholesaling was easy. When they find out it's not they quit. Let's hope that never happens to you.

Send me a Colleague Request if you'd like to compare notes sometime. I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.