Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Reginald S.
  • Wholesaler
  • Manning, SC
Votes |
A local RE attorney told me today that you all are scam artist!

Reginald S.
  • Wholesaler
  • Manning, SC
Posted Jun 3 2014, 17:15

I must admit, I was forewarned not to waste my time trying to bring an attorney who was not already REI friendly up to date with the process of wholesaling. However after spending up about ten minutes of a local RE attorney's precious time trying to explain the concept of wholesaling to him, he just straight out said to me that he was very familiar with websites like BP and that with his "30+ years of experience and hundreds of closings under his belt", he could tell me that "you guys (along with the (3) REI courses that I have taken) are only giving newbies like myself half of the story." I asked him if he thought wholesaling was a scam and he admittedly said no but "the process was way more complicated than what I was perceiving it to be." Finally he said that if I would be willing to bring him my seller's information, he would then be able to proof my contract for me. I asked him how did he expect me to extract and record potential clients information without them signing my contract (the one he was hesitating to proof for me). He then stated that he would proof it for $100.00 if I insisted that he proofed them before I brought him my seller's information. However I smell a rat! It sounds to me like this guy wants to try an sabotage my business! My question to you guys is why? Is this a common practice with attorneys that are not REI friendly? Do anyone know of a REI friendly attorney located within a 2hr radius of Manning, SC. As of this writing (as far as I know) Title companies do not close RE deals here, only attorneys. Thanks in advance Reggie.

Loading replies...