Brand new to Real Estate Investment (DMV)

4 Replies

Hello,

I am brand new to real estate investment as well as this forum. I do not have much experience with real estate investment, but was really interested in flipping houses. All I have done so far is read books and watch shows, but books and shows can only do so much for me, and a hands on experience would be the best option, but I know by just jumping in would cause a big mess. I was hoping to get advice/information on the best way to obtain a mentor or to shadow a fellow house flipper, just someone I can watch and ask questions. If possible, is there anyone in the area willing to be my mentor or let me shadow and ask questions.

Quick background: Graduated college in 2008 with a degree in Finance and I currently work for one of the Big 4 companies. I am very eager to learn so if you are willing to teach me, I am happy to listen!

@Edwin Arambulo  Welcome to BiggerPockets!

You've come to the right place. BiggerPockets is a great place to learn about real estate investing. There are many great how-to guides, blogs, and podcasts to learn from. BiggerPockets is a great place to network with investors, learn from them, and build great friendships at the same time! I'm only 14 and have no real experience but I have to say that BiggerPockets is getting me closer and closer everyday to achieving the lifestyle of my dreams. It can do the same for you!

I wish you the best!

-Kedus Meheretu

Thank you all. Hopefully I can find someone in the area to shadow.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here