New to Wholesaling in Raleigh, NC

12 Replies

Greetings Everyone,

I am very new to wholesaling and have not made any deals yet. I have, however, gained a wealth of knowledge regarding wholesaling via seminars and a few GREAT books. I am an extremely professional individual. I am 31 years old and I am eager to get into wholesaling. I have a wealth of resources to help build your buyers list. Also, I have access to motivated sellers. I would use this to fatten my own pockets, but I feel it is necessary to deal with industry professionals that have established a successful system. I am looking for a mentor in the Raleigh/Durham area.

What's in it for you?!?!? Well, I am willing to work for you FOR FREE! This way we won't be wasting each other's time.

@Willie Morgan great that you're looking for a partner to co wholesale man and I would love to help and I do reach out to the Raleigh area but I'm primarily in Greenville. My advice since it sounds like you got all the tools... Jump in and get wet. No better learning then your own experience plus until someone comes along, you got the ball rolling already. Good luck!

Welcome, @Willie Morgan !

If you haven't already, I'd suggest attending some of the TREIA ( meetings.  The main meeting is the 3rd Tuesday of the month (which was last night), and there are a number of smaller, more localized meetings.

It's a great way to meet a ton of local people at various stages of their RE investing careers.

Hey Willie,

Welcome to the site!  I'm always willing to look at good deals.  If you run across any feel free to shoot them on over.  Good luck to you!

Welcome to BiggerPockets Willie! You've definitely come to the right place to supercharge your real estate investing venture. As @Ricky A.  suggested, definitely check out a TREIA meeting whenever you can. I try to attend those regularly just so people become familiar with seeing my face and the networking is unrivaled. 

Since you've already done your homework and educated yourself the only thing left to do is jump in and get wet as @Matt Redden  recommended. From my experience he's also a solid contact to have for wholesaling deals so reach out. Other than that, stay active on the site, check out the podcasts, and never stop learning. Best of luck to you!

I feel so fortunate to get feedback and I really appreciate it guys. I did not realize that I am a member of TREIA until TODAY. I will definitely be attending the meetings from here on out.

I am nervous nervous nervous! I think my main questions are regarding the initial contract with the seller and then the assigning the contract to the buyer. I have come across some pretty wordy contracts. I definitely want my contracts to work for North Carolina. Applying the knowledge I have gained seems like it is my biggest obstacle.

@Matt Redden ...GREAT ADVICE! Greenville is not too far for me.

@Jacob A. ..I definitely appreciate the helping hand! You guys are great!!

@Willie, I remember when I was just starting and I was nervous as forward to when I actually started to take action in March of this year, fast forward a couple months later and I've got 3 properties under contract and working on securing more...and the cool thing is that I'm able to do it across the country via virtual wholesaling :)

you're in the right place to connect with people via BP

@Rob Pene ... Thanks for the encouragement. Thanks Brent. I feel a lot better after reading thru the forums and after getting encouragement for you all. I know I will have some questions and I will not be nervous about asking them. Thanks a MILLION!

Welcome to BP. If you find any deals, feel free to contact me. BiggerPockets and TREIA is a good start. Good Luck.

@Willie Morgan ... I'm right there with you. I've got my first direct mail campaign running right now and I'm anxious and nervous about getting a house under contract too.

Good luck to you and let me know how it goes!!

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you