• Investor
  • Westchester County, NY
Votes |
Wholesaling Part-Time?

Jordan Solomon
  • Investor
  • Westchester County, NY
Posted Jun 29 2014, 13:57

Hello. First time poster here. Hopefully the first of many, as I'm truly serious about breaking into real estate investing. However, like many people out there, I think I'm suffering from that old problem of "analysis paralysis." Also, probably like potential real estate newbies, I've been considering wholesaling as a way to get started. However, one thing that concerns me is that (again, like many others) I'm trying to at least start part-time, and after reading several books on the subject, I have to wonder if this is possible with wholesaling.

That is, most wholesaling books start out by saying that you can do this part-time, and then go on to describe a VERY full-time job. Specifically, it almost seems like being a wholesaler requires not one but TWO full-time jobs -- appraiser and Realtor (one could argue interior designer as well). That is, appraising and showing houses are both things that people do full-time, but most appraisers don't also show houses and most Realtors don't also appraise houses. Yet, most books on wholesaling state that a wholesaler needs to do both, yet also claim that wholesaling can be done part-time.

It's one thing to say that real estate wholesaling takes work. Yes, anything worth doing takes work -- I get that. But it's another thing to say that it basically involves what would normally be two (or maybe three) full-time jobs rolled into one!

What do you guys think?Thanks!

Loading replies...