How to create an income right now

4 Replies

Hello, Fellow Bigger Pockets Members,

I'm new to forum and I would like to know what can I do to earn an income immediately while I learn more about all aspects of real estate investing. I don't have a job and I'm a part time care taker for an ailing parent. I reside in the the D.C. metropolitan area.  I have some real estate investing knowledge and worked in property management. 

I'd appreciate any assistance . Thanks 

My first question would be what do you mean by immediately? Couple Days, A Week, A Month? As you know nothing in real estate is instantaneous and will need some type of investment of time and money. 

Starting out with immediately in mind i would have to lean toward wholesaling. It really is nothing immediate about it but I think it would be the fastest way to get up and going while learning more.

I wouldn't try and learn all aspects of investing either. Pick something nail it down then move on to something else if you like. Trying to take it all in you may end up spinning your wheels with the abundance of information available to you.

First of all thanks for your reply.

What I mean earn an income  immediately I meant in 2 to 3 month if possible.  

I have some time but no money.  Wholesaling seem to be what a lot of newbies seem 

to focus, but I've heard its quite difficult.  I just want to know what can I do real estate wise to earn an income while building an income for my family and saving to purchase an income producing property.   Thanks

Promotion
Sharestates
America's Private Lender
Receive Fix and Flip Funding Approval In As Little As 24 Hours!
Sharestates helps developers and brokers secure funding quickly with the most competitive terms.
Get Funded

@Tim Edmonds  

Don't mean to discourage you, but just to let you know the real ins and outs of this. Deals can sometimes be hard to find. Sometimes there's a large amount of time, work, and investment to get that first deal (or second, or third....). Can you make money in REI in the next 2-3 months? Sure. But it's also likely that you won't.