Daily activities

1 Reply

Hi BP family I finally started taking action and now that I have I have created some momentum. How do you create a daily routine of actions to keep it up? I find my self checking random emails etc.... If anyone has a routine they can share so I can pattern a little it would be great thanks..

I have a few different routines that I use depending on what I want to accomplish for the day.  I like to wake up early, about 5 am, and have a smoothie, a coffee, and read something good, or go for a power walk.  By 6 am I am awake and ready to work.  The night or day before I decide what is the one big thing I want to accomplish and work on that for an hour.  I use a timer to keep me focused and on track.  After that I am working on emails, marketing, blog posts, and other daily tasks.  I also trade Options so I do my research and get an idea of what the market is doing.  I make my phone calls starting about 9 am and schedule all the meetings I can for mornings.  I am usually done with office work, way before noon and it frees up my time in the afternoon to spend time with my family and do what I want.

It works well for me so far but I am always adjusting and trying to see what works best.  I know that me and my body do not do well in the afternoon so I really need the siesta.

Tim Ferriss (Josh's Favorite) has a great book recommendation on his site called Daily Rituals.  It is a great listen if you get the audio book.

Basically the point is this; try a few different things to keep you organized and jump start your day.  If it does not work then try something else.  Find what works for you, it is different for everyone.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you