Starting with wholesaling

7 Replies

I'm just starting out in Real estate and my first step is wholesaling. With wholesaling  I understand oneof of the  first things to do is create a buyers list and then move on to find sellers.  Is this the best strategy? and what are some of your best ways to find your buyers. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

If you have a house to sell with no buyers or buyers with no houses to sell then to me they are equal.  I would try to work on both at the same time.   Are you wanting to wholesale in your local area and what is the activity like in your area? 

One way to find homes to sell is to go driving for dollars. You can download an ebook I wrote on my homepage for free regarding how to do this:   www.curtdavisonline.com    Look for the tab in the middle of the site. 

You can check your local assessors office to find who is buying.  Also network here on BP to find potential buyers.  

Good luck

Curt Davis, Real Estate Agent in TN (#00321765)
605-310-7929

Yes i am looking to wholesale in my local area which is ( Winona , Rochester and in the Minneapolis Area) all in Minnesota.  There has been a lot of "for sale by owners" in my town lately especially in Winona. I will read your e-book to find out more on how to spot potential deals .  Thanks for the advice.

Believe me you do not need to worry about finding cash buyers they will find you once you have the deals.

I spoke with three wholesalers this week in my area and none of them have anything to sell. Why do I have to put in extra work asking for them to bring me deals? It should be the other way around.

Focus on finding the deals! The buyers will find you.

(585) 678-6857

Welcome to wholesaling. This site is one of the best sites for feed back and you will get great answers and connections with other investors. As long as you find a great deal you will have no problem at all finding investors. Here is a great tip first make sure that you have plenty of business cards. Second after you get your first rock star deal put a flyer together and go to all of the property auctions in your area and pass out the flyer and your cards. These auctions are where you will find serious cash buyers, Tax Lien, Foreclosure auctions, court house step auctions, and also you can go the one place where all investors funnel your local Title company and Real Estate Attorney offices. Its a lot of foot work but this will work. Good Luck and look forward to reading about your first deal.

Steve

Thanks Steve. Ill be watching out for these auctions and you will know all about my first deal when I get.  Again thanks for the Tips.

Yes auctions are a great place to find buyers, HMLs will know buyers, and you can sort for recent purchases by absentee owners on Listsource.com

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.