Home Office Set Ups

5 Replies

Anyone set up a home office or a virtual office. Looking for recommendations for easy, cheap (set monthly) long distance within Canada and the US. Maybe a mail box service etc. I’d like a professional outward appearance and I’d rather not be using my home address/number. Maybe VoIP? Things I'm not thinking about that would benefit me. 

Some options off the top of my head:

I'm sure other members could think of more. To be honest, Regus dominates the part time office marketplace. You can get everything from meeting rooms to mail answering with them...

Thanks Jack.  I saw them, but was hoping there was a cheaper - VoIP set up I could use to have a voice mail and a professional appearance w/o the cost.  I guess $50/month isn't the worst expense to appear professional. 

That sounds like a safe way to go Sean. If you ever need an office for client meetings LiquidSpace provides offices by the hour. I haven't used LiquidSpace nor any 1 hour office rentals but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

You can a professional looking address at UPS.  Although it is only a mailbox, the number of the box is called a 'suite'.  You can get business cards made up with this address.  

Also, just get a 1-800 number which can be forwarded to your home phone or cell.  There are several that offer a corporate sounding receptionist to announce your company which ask the caller to enter the applicable extension of person they wish to speak with.  

Hope that helps.  

Thanks Chad, that's exactly what I needed! Given I'm in the process of my first note, I wanted someone who could answer the 1-800 number professionally, while I'm at my career job.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.