Contract with a Bird Dog

9 Replies

Does anyone have a template of a contract I can use to create a relationship with a Bird Dog?

Why would you need a contract agreement with a bird dog?  If they bring you a property you negotiate a price to buy from them of offer a flat fee and pay them once closed. 

Not sure what an agreement would do.

@Crystal McDermott  What kind of contract would you be looking for? Wouldn't the bird dog just give you leads and if you close on the property, then you would pay them a commission-of-sort? 

George

Handshakes aren't worth what they once were,is what the OP is saying. How would the bird dog know you will pay after deal closes? Just saying.

Thanks so much! How did you find it? How do I search for things like that?

Thanks,

Crystal

Curt, George and Jose,

One of my bird dogs wants to sign a contract to make sure I don't take his leads and not pay him. He also wants to make sure I follow through with how much I said I would pay him. He sells solar panels so he meets with many people idea that tell him about their financial situation. He knows 4 distressed sellers. This is why I think it's worth signing a contract with him.

I open to any advice!

very useful.Thanks

@Crystal McDermott  

You can type keywords into the search box at the top. You can also set up keyword alerts like "bird dog" and get emails when someone is talking about it. That's how I found your thread/question.  If you are serious about hiring bird dogs I suggest you use tracking phone numbers and some type of software to organize your bird dogs all in one place. This will give them the confidence that they will get paid! (If that's what you are trying to accomplish).

@Michael Modesto  

You're welcome - no problem! Since that is an example contract you can take it an modify it to fit your specific needs.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here