Flipping in Southern California

2 Replies

Hi BP

I'm 21 and live in Southern California by the coast and homes around my neighborhood range from 500,000 to 1M+. I want to start doing flips around my neighborhood to earn money to pay for my schooling and take care of my parents.

I'd like all of your opinions on how I'd best position myself to be able to do flips around here in the least amount of time possible. I bought J Scott's books on flipping and they are going to be my road guide (I'd recommend buying these books for all the newcomers out there like myself). But I feel I am lacking a broader plan. What else can I do besides read/learn? And with no credit and a part time job, how am I able to apply for financing? 

I understand many posts like this are up almost every day so any advice I receive here will be greatly appreciated. Have a great day :)

Spencer

@Account Closed my suggestion would be to donate your time to an experienced real estate investor in your area that has done some successful flips. Learn as much as you can and ask questions. It is not likely that you'll qualify for any kind of financing to purchase high end homes working a part time job. For the time being get as much experience as you can and it'll open doors in the future for you to partner/JV on a deal. Good luck!

@Matt C.   Thank you for the great advice. That would definitely help me.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here