Still searching for duplex

4 Replies

Ok eveyrone so I am still in search of my first property which will be a duplex that I will occupy. I am noticing that it may take a little while before I will find ecactly what I am looking for in the right area and at the right price range. I have a feeling the agent I am working with does not want me to focus on finding a duplex, I feel he is trying to steer my direction into a single. But I am insisting on the duplex and will just have to wait until the right deal comes on to the market. Right? Feedback?

I feel that he keeps insisting that it may take a little while to find a duplex in the areas that I am looking. His tone is like  a , "are you sure" kind of attitude and has even mentioned that I might be better off with a single that needs some work. I just don't get the feeling he has the patience to work with me. But then again I could have this all wrong. @Dawn Anastasi  

In most markets, there are many more SFH's available than duplexes. Duplexes are often owned by buy-and-hold investors, which means they do not turn over as quickly as SFH's.

I think an owner-occupied duplex is a great way to begin as a real estate investor. So if it were me, I would be patient for a while longer. If this does not make your agent happy, then find a new one that is supportive of your goals. 

You're absolutely right @Ron Averill  , I will just be patient and wait until the right deal comes up. I have a plan and I am goin to stick with it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.