Young Investor starting out DFW Area

5 Replies

Hi my name is Gerry as I've wrote before I'm new to the Dallas Fort Worth Area in Texas working full time while trying to do real estate on the side. I'm still young and have a lot of work and learning to do but we all got to start some where! I don't know if you guys frown upon this on these forums but I'm looking for an Investor in the DFW area that would be willing to help me out. I'm not looking for no free ride here I have a very strong work ethic and I love the real estate business. I just want help and some guidance along the way while I build my business. There's no doubt in my mind I will and can make you money while you help me I just don't have $30,000 for some guru sorry but I will promise you we can make money together. Sit back LET ME do the work and we can work out a percentage deal or something. I just want some hands on guidance please feel free to contact me here on bigger pockets and I thank you very much.

Welcome to BP. Lots of great forums, with good info to read and absorb. Getting started, I would recommend focusing on a specific strategy (wholesaling, rehabbing, etc). Also, narrow down an area of town to focus on (maybe 1 or 2 zip codes) and get to know the area values extremely well. Combine that with tons of networking! Hope this helps.

Tyler H., Definitive Properties, LLC | (817) 721‑8511 | http://www.sellfastfortworth.com

Partnering is the best way to get started, in my opinion. I am glad you didn't go with a guru, too. There are loads of people out there who can teach you for free and give you real experience, while making money, too.

Welcome and I agree with the advice to stay away from Gurus and put your time and money into learning your market and making connections.  That $30k will buy a lot of lunches or even dinners with people.  It would even buy a townhome in some parts of Dallas.  Not a great investment property maybe, but you would at least have something to show for the money.

I also agree with the idea of concentrating on a smaller area to get to know very well and maybe even a niche or two within that area.  This will take time, but learn it well and you will be very valuable to someone looking to partner in that area.  I am thinking about doing something in North Dallas and would love working with a local person since I am about 60-80 miles away.  I already have someone in mind for this particular plan, but you can become that type of person for others.  Especially if you have some skills you can convert into rehabbing in your local area that combined with local feet on the ground knowledge would be a great value to people.

@Gerry Loden

Gerry, Welcome to the site. It seems you have a great attitude as I would love to have you work with me if you lived in Atl. 

I do know a really good rehabber and wholeseller that lives in DFW that maybe interested in working with you. She does maybe 8 to 10 rehabs a year plus wholesale deals plus is a RE Broker. 

If you are interested I can send your info to her. Unfortunately she is not on BP.

Andrew

Medium ac logoAndrew Cordle, Andrew Cordle | [email protected]

Thanks for the Advice to all yall! And @Andrew Cordle that would be awesome. I just recently had a new born back in December so Ive been kind of busy with her! I'm still up for any help that I can get with trade of work or something. Like I said not looking for a free ride willing to work for it! thanks

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you