Business Card Design - What info needs to be on it?

5 Replies

Hi BP universe,

I'm designing my first business card as a real estate investor and would like to know what info should be on it. I've been told to refrain from using titles like owner and investor. Any suggestions? Thanks

Personally, I like to keep mine simple so as not to box myself in in case I venture into a different type of investing. In other words I'd avoid putting landlord/flipper/wholesaler unless you are absolutely sure that that is your specialty and you won't be trying any other methods of investing. I have name, phone, email, and 'real estate investor' on mine. I'd also put your company name if you have one, if not then no worries. 

Also, I'll often write a quick reminder of what I do or write something more specific on the card when I give it to someone that I've had a brief conversation with. This helps remind them who I am when they actually look at the card which may be 6-mos or more down the road.

business name, name, address, mantra line, email, website, lic #s all go on the front. 

The rear gets something like........ I buy properties in the following areas listing the towns you deal in. ...or....... something specific to what you do wholesaling, rehabbing etc. If you leave it blank you can do what Ted does and jot a quick note on the back about something you talked about. At very least you could write "Joe it was nice talking with you. Albert" not many people are doing this. In my option it helps you stand out just a bit. 

Neil Schoepp

As a former graphic designer, I would say stick to one font. You can allow yourself to use either bold or italic from the exact same font to highlight either a name or profession. DO NOT USE FUNKY FONTS. Make it look professional or people will toss it as soon as they get it. vistaprint.com has some great templates.

Include your name, phone and email. Website if you have one. Title if you want. I like the suggestion above that said not to box yourself in to one title. But don't put 12 different fonts on a 2' X 3.5" square of paper. No one will read it.

Good luck!

Mindy Jensen, Real Estate Agent in CO (#FA100049656)

As a graphic designer, I'll add a few comments.  First, since so much money is potentially involved in one deal, it's worth thinking about how to attract extra attention with a business card, so that it will be kept, shown around, and/or passed around.  Two-sided is an option as has been mentioned.  Others include folded (either way) - it could have a map of the areas you like to invest in in the inside.  I use a translucent material for my cards - at least have the people who get them say "that's cool!"  Using special inks, e. g., metallic are another option.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
    • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
    • Learn how to get started with or without money,
    • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
    • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.