Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Allan Saint-Gelais
  • dallas, texas
Votes |
First investment for an international kid !!!!!!!!

Allan Saint-Gelais
  • dallas, texas
Posted Nov 5 2014, 18:31

Hello everybody, 

I am new to real estate and I haven't bought my first house yet. The reason why is that I am not even in the US yet since I am from a small island in the caribbean. I am not American but I felt in love with the USA and also with real estate! I will have a chance to come and live the next year and I was already trying to plan what I would do once I get here. Because I am not from the US I do not have a credit history (so I will have to build one really quickly) and I found out last week that on top of a 20% down payment the bank also ask for you to show that you have been working for the same employer for more than 2 years! I was surprised by that and the problem is I don't want to wait 2 years before I get the chance to make my first investment. I know there are a lot of investors on this forum with a lot of knowledge and I would love to get your insight on my situation. Any advice on how to get started early or what else I could do would be really appreciated. If you know any other way I could qualify for a mortgage please let me know! By the way I am 25 (I don't know if this has any importance but hey you never know). 

Thanks a lot

Allan 

Loading replies...