Why Am I Not Getting a Lot of Calls

1 Reply

One of the biggest things people just starting out worry about is "How can I get a lot of business right now?"  That is actually flawed thinking.  When you are finally ready to do business is not when you think you have opened your door but when you get that first call.  Did you put out the word? Did you make a business email? Did you make a free website?  Even after all that, you are not a business until someone calls you because they want you to do what you do.

Here is the best way to get a lot of calls:  Make a lot of calls!

If people don't know you are a business they will not call you.  The fact remains that advertising your brand is 70% of your business EVERYDAY.  you are forever going to be putting the word about you out so that clients will come in.  Keep it cost effective and keep it fresh.  if you see people talking about Youtube, get on Youtube then promote that.

I think you make a great point here. You are not going to find motivated sellers by just sitting back and waiting for the phone to ring. The only way to get motivated sellers is by being pro-active and contacting as many people as you can directly. In the real estate investing company I work for, we do a fair amount of cold calling, but we also use post cards to mail to people, yellow letters to mail to people and door hangers. On top of this we do some television advertisement. If your a tech saavy person, then start a blog or email blast. Whatever it takes to reach out to as many people as possible is essential to close deals. I have seen a concept called 100-10-1 on BiggerPockets before and the gist of it is that you need to contact 100 people, of which 10 will be leads, and that will lead to 1 solid deal. If this is the case then contacting people should be a must for real estate investors if they want to continue finding good deals.

Rob

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you