Jasmine Z.
  • Madison, WI
Votes |
Disclosing I'm a Physician?

Jasmine Z.
  • Madison, WI
Posted Dec 5 2014, 15:18

Hello,

I am fairly new to real estate and am just starting out. I have been following bigger pockets for a long time but this is my first post. I'm excited to jump in the action.

My situation is that I own a duplex that I currently owner occupy and have much success with that over the last year. I am now moving into wholesaling and am working on getting together my marketing material. I'm wondering how I should do my signature on emails. I am a physician so on all of my other communications I sign my name with an "MD" at the end. But in the real estate setting should I disclose that I am a doctor or not? Potential pros: people may give me credibility given how respectable the profession is and may also think I have a lot of money (which I don't yet because I am just finishing up my training. lol) and will trust me to come through on deals. Potential cons: Since people may assume I have a lot of money, they may charge me higher prices.  Can you all think of other pros or cons. I'm so used to putting my full signature, but I'm willing to not disclose that personal info if it will negatively effect me. I'm interested in others input. Thanks guys.  :)

Loading replies...