• Flipper/Rehabber
  • North Augusta, SC
Votes |
Motivation for Newbies like myself

Anthony Bostic
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • North Augusta, SC
Posted Dec 10 2014, 06:46

I am not an expert yet however I do have a message for those of you who have gotten started or about to get started and find yourselves where I was a few weeks ago. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to learn different strategies however If I can give one piece of advice it would be to research different strategies and CHOOSE one that you feel like you could accomplish and take action on that ONE strategy to start. When I got started I learned about Wholesaling, Rehabbing, Subject To, Tax liens, HUD, REO, Foreclosures, etc. I read articles and watched videos (cause I don't do books) and what I realized was that I was learning everything and doing nothing. What is knowledge without action? My Business partner @Andre Elston and I decided to start with wholesaling for the simple fact that we needed to do something that required little to no money or credit. We literally got our first deal done without any credit or a penny out of our pockets. If you have money and want bigger payouts you may want to start with another strategy different strokes for different folks. Don't give up and keep going no matter what and it will pay off. The feeling I got when our first check was sliding across table to me at closing was something I could not describe. Even though it took a second for the check to make it across the table in that second everything we had done from driving for dollars, building our buyers list, going to our local REIA meetings, research, negotiations, marketing, networking etc. flashed before my eyes and I could finally say IT WORKS! Sure you hear people say it works and you hear about how simple and easy it is, but only when you get your check in your hands will you realize that is is as simple as they say. Only then will you be able to say it works. I'm telling you my friends all the sleepless nights while studying and doing research and anything else you are doing to get your first deal done is worth it just keep going. The amount of confidence I have now has gone through the roof!! Learn something you can get started with now and reach out to people for help. There are people out there that will help you including us so once again I say don't give up it will happen for you too. The End

Loading replies...