If you have no money for marketing, what are some creative ways to overcome this?

4 Replies

I am a somewhat experienced investor with 6 years of full time investing under my belt. I have been out of the market for around 5 years now, and would like to restart my career. I have redesigned my website and created social media accounts, but I do not have any money for marketing. Any creative ideas on how to overcome this hurdle?

Hey Martin!

Welcome back to the world of real estate investing! One free way to market is by going to local REI meetings. That way you can network with locals who may help you close a deal. Another very cheap way to market is just talking to people face to face. The other day when I was at the mall I ran into a lady who was a real estate investor who was literally walking the busy mall, talking to as many people as she could, and putting her business card in peoples hands who would take them. Especially this time of year it is a cheap effective way to get your name out to a lot of people. Hope this helps!

Rob

Sounds good. That reminds me.... I need to update my business card as well. Thanks!

@Account Closed  

Hi Martin,

Welcome to the site.  Another great way is go to meetings or meetups around businesses and start-ups (you are starting a new business).  You will meet some successful people who may be open to investing and hearing about opportunities.

I'm not sure what you have been doing the last 5 years, but many of your colleagues regardless of industry will listen to you if they know and trust you.  They will be your low hanging fruit (besides friends and family) for initial investments.

Lastly, speak to realtors, property managers and real estate lawyers in the community and start to get to know them.  They will be a great source for potential referrals and/or business.  

Make it a point to get to know at least 3 to 5 new people each day and reach out to at least 3 to 5 past acquaintances each day as well.  Your network will grow quickly.

Good luck.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here