I'm just beginning in the real estate business.

7 Replies

Hello, I'm a 23 yr old college senior, and I am in the beginning stages of my real estate investment business. Nevertheless, I've taken multiple courses, and necessary steps before making the leap.  My grandmother always told me to heed, to wisdom and guidance from people that know the ropes. With that being said is there any advice for me as an investor? specifically wholesaling residential properties.

• See real estate as a business and try to detach yourself
  • Research the market and see which are the best areas for you
  • Find a good Realtor to help you locate good properties

and one of the most important ones - as your grandmother said - 

• Learn from the best! 

Great advise also read Psalm 1.

Welcome to community.

I would start by looking for a mentor in your area. May be you could work for him as well. 

@Tevell Williams   - welcome!  This site is your best resource.   As a place to start, checkout the podcasts on wholesaling.  Congrats on the great choice to be looking at investing as a senior in college!  

Thanks for the advice everyone, I look forward to creating a rewarding and fun career in real estate. Although I am currently just an investor I have the option to get my re license. Should I go for it or strictly Invest? 

I think it is very helpful to have your license. But other people disagree with me. There are pro and cons to both. Here are a few Pro's.

pro 

-You will learn a lot by getting your RE License and working under an experienced broker will Teach you a lot. 

-Get paid to buy and sell your own property.

-get access to the MLS which is huge.

When you're not doing deals for your self you can do deals for others. 

@Tevell Williams  Get your license. Take the mortgage originator and appraisers courses if you want. Learn everything you can about real estate. Eat and sleep it - at your age, with Biggerpockets as a resource, you have an absolute outstanding opportunity in front of you. Go for it. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.