Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Baker
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Should I relocate to a new market? (Wholesaling)

Jonathan Baker
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Dec 19 2014, 12:40

Hi All,

This is my first post! :) I'm just getting started in my wholesaling career and I'm happy to report that I've done my first deal. I've got all of the basics down in regards to marketing, working with title companies, understanding the value add process and all of that jazz.

I'm also at a point where I want to move to a new city to experience new things.

I'm at a point in my life where I'm single and in my late 20's I want real estate (particularly wholesaling because I see it as a good entry point into the industry) to be a part of my wealth building plan. Obviously its imperative that I move into a market that will support this. Moving into a rural area, for example isn't an option.

I wil be relocating to the new city and immediately look for a full time job. I have a Bachelors degree and good resume experience. I don't plan on relying on house flipping to get me through my first few months.

So for those who are experienced, my question is: do you have any advice for me at the early stages of my investing career? Are any of my top cities bad places to wholesale? Southern California and Denver are my focus, both that I feel may be good markets but I'm not 100% sure and I'm filled up with a bit of doubt.

My top 3 cities are:

1. San Diego, California

2. Denver, Colorado,

3. Long Beach, California,

Thank you all for any advice that you can offer! I really appreciate everything in advance and hope that I too soon can be a top contributor for this site!!

Thank you!

John

Loading replies...