Johnathan Butler
  • Fayetteville, NC
Votes |
Purchasing First RE Property in Chicagoland

Johnathan Butler
  • Fayetteville, NC
Posted Dec 21 2014, 05:53

Hello BP Nation,

First, thank you for taking the time to read my post. BP has been an awesome resource. I've been reading/researching for about 4 years and really getting serious the last 8 months. My wife and I are moving from TN to the west suburbs of Chicago in February or March and I am looking to owner/occupy my first investment property. I'm looking for a 3/2 with a full basement which can be used as a rental property. I'm also open to du, tri, and quadplexes...and any other options where the numbers make sense. I will be working in Wheaton but would like to be centrally located between there and downtown Chicago. So my questions are as follows:

1) Does anyone have a recommendation for an experienced and credible RE agent and GC in the Oak Park, La Grange, or Elmhurst areas?

2) I’m thinking about purchasing a property and having it renovated prior to our move. Does anyone have experience buying/renovating properties that they aren't able to see on a daily basis? If so, how did you monitor progress and mitigate risk?

3) What other area's in Chicago are safe and/or up and coming?

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

John

Loading replies...