Website as a must have?

6 Replies

Hello everyone,

I'm in last semester of my college and I'm taking web design class. In this past few weeks I was able to build a basic website, but as semester progresses I believe that I can get it to advanced level if I put some time on building it.

My question is, is it crucial to have a website as real estate investor or social media would be enough?

Thank you everyone

I think that these days, a website is a great idea for establishing credibility. Even it just shows all the deals you done and has a bio of you and your investing experience. I'm a young wholesaler and it helps set me apart from other local players to have a professional-looking website. 

I don't think it matters what type of investor you are - you will definitely benefit from a clean, professional website. 

Medium apChristopher Salazar, Arsenal Properties, LLC | [email protected] | 8152630326 | http://arsenalpropertiesllc.com

I think a website is a pretty low priority in my eyes. Unless that is going to be one of your key marketing pieces. I am not saying a website is a bad idea. There are just a lot of things I think are higher priority. 

Medium crab1 copyNed Carey, Crab Properties LLC | http://baltimorerealestateinvestingblog.com/

Thank you for replying @Christopher Salazar  , I agree with you about your comment regarding websites. They are surely important no matter what kind of investor one is or in which  profession one is in. However, @Ned Carey  I understand what you are saying, and I agree as well. Surely, there are numbers of things that come first, one those priorities are in tact, I believe website comes in.

If you are doing deals in your name and technically have no "product" or service to sell, then your LinkedIn profile should be more than enough. Or about.me or similar. However, I prefer linked for the professional aspect and use of the network.

If your REI activity is not full time, then probably it doesn't matter if you have a REI site. If you trying to compete with other investors on same deals and you think that who's $$ is matters to the seller, then you can have a website to show off your "prowess".

If you think of co-investing with others and want to show off that you are capable then put up a website and a summary of your numbers for each deal and pass that along to your "sought-after" partners.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you