How do I find an awesome right real estate agent to work with

5 Replies

Hi

Looking to do some investing in single family homes.  I know the realtor is a very important part of the team, any advice on how I go about choosing the right person?

Miz

@Manish A.   Talk to others that you know. Do you go to any local real estate networking events? If so, ask around. 

As a side note, you might want to upload your pic to your profile, as it gives a more professional image, and adds personality. if for some reason you don't want your pic online, upload another picture of your local area, or something (that's not copyrighted) 

I have even gone by word of mouth "or" I have looked at the reviews on zillow! Than I have found 3 different realtors and interviewed them!

@Manish A.   Talk to others that you know. Do you go to any local real estate networking events? If so, ask around. 

As a side note, you might want to upload your pic to your profile, as it gives a more professional image, and adds personality. if for some reason you don't want your pic online, upload another picture of your local area, or something (that's not copyrighted) 

Also, if you search BP you can find lots of info! Finding a real estate agent

Hi @Manish A.  

One way of doing this is to call up a few brokerage companies in the city you plan on investing in and ask for information on the rental market.  Decide in advance a few questions and ask each Realtor the same ones so that you can compare their answers.  You will be able to get a feel for who knows their stuff and who doesn't.  Next, I advise setting up a face to face meeting with the people you believe are your best fit.  During that meeting you can go into more detail about your plan and find out if they can add value.

Happy investing,

Mike

Michael I like your approach.  

Any specific examples of questions to ask?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.