Advice please

1 Reply

So my wife and are have recently decided that we would like to get into real estate in the near future.  Neither of us have any experience in actual real estate.  I have experience doing construction work and i am looking to also become a home inspector.  My wife is also interested in becoming a real estate agent to help with this process.  But we honestly don't know where to start what the basics are.  We've both started reading real estate books but we'd love to actually have dialog with individuals that have actual experience so that we could learn from.  Thank you very much and i look forward to any discussions that come from this forum!

Hey Matthew!

Congrats on you and your wife looking to get involved in real estate! I am no expert, however if you want to start having actual dialogs with experienced real estate investors I would recommend your local real estate investor meeting. Most areas have a weekly or monthly get together for local investors. It is a great way to get to know local players and gain some knowledge face to face. Another thing you might want to look into: I know a lot of investors need help with their day to day on marketing or answering phones. You might want to look into possibly helping out a local real estate investing company to get to get to know the ropes. Who knows they might even pay you for a part time job. What ever you end up doing I wish you and your wife the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you