Calling "we buy houses" signs

5 Replies

I was wondering if anyone has experience calling we buy houses signs not to sell a house but to buy one. I am currently looking to purchase a property to fix and flip, or wholesale depending on how much of a discount I can get on a property. So anyways I just wanted to know if it would be a good idea to call these signs and if so what should I say? Thank you in advance.

I call these signs every time I see one. I have never gotten a single lead from them. Most of the people who put these signs up do not even bother to return my call.

As for verbiage, just tell them you want to be added to their buyer's list.

Great question - I've always wondered about these signs as well. 

Its worked for me.  Once you get to know the wholesalers in your area you keep running into the same people everywhere

i just text one about 15 minutes ago. First sign Ive come across locally. And he responded quickly. Said he was an investor. Exchanged info and hopefully we can work together down the road. 

I called 3 times and they all returned my call this time around. I tried before with no luck but I think I know why. They usually have a voice mail and it asks for the property address. I guess if they see the property is worth their time they might call you. I had a  messed up property and was trying to get rid of it and I never heard from any of them. This last time I had a better product and when I called they returned my call immediately. I even got a couple of offers. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.