Starting My Website

4 Replies

Any advice on best the way to build a website? Should I use a free website service or pay for my domain? Cheapest method for the most professional looking website?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

The cheapest solution outside of free, is pay for your domain and have someone host a wordpress page for you for 5-15$ a month. Wordpress pages look pretty generic and they function well, can pay to have the site customized to your liking with specific graphics (200ish) or they make templates you can purchase for $5-75.  examples below

Low end: http://smallbusinessalbemarle.com/
Custom graphics: http://www.vfcnashville.com/

Account Closed I like using Bluehost that have a $3-4 option for a basic hosted site.  it you need faster they offer other hosting options too.

To Gabriels' point you might want to spend more than that eventually to have a solid website design.  cost will depend on the complexity, but remember that websites are a credibility upholder or destroyer.

I used squarespace. It is more expensive than the others but I found it easy. If you sign up for a year which costs around 85 bucks if memory serves, you get your domain free. Wix is free but you will have their ad on your page.

@Gabriel Mabry  

@Bryan Elkus  

@Les Jean-Pierre  

Thanks for the feedback, these all look like great options... For right now, I'm aiming towards a free service like wix which I actually have a little bit of experience with.

Happy investing

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here