Steve Francis
  • Conshohocken, PA
Votes |
New to BP and Real Estate Investing in Philadelphia area

Steve Francis
  • Conshohocken, PA
Posted Feb 10 2015, 14:09

Hello,

I'm a newer member to BP from the Philadelphia area specifically Montgomery County looking to get into flipping houses in Montgomery county. My dad had the old Carlton Sheets books, video tapes and cassettes. I went through those books and read Flip this house and Millionaire real estate investors (great books). I've been working in the corporate world for about 10 years and looking to get into real estate investing part time. I've been searching deals on trulia, received MLS listings from our realtor that helped us find our home, and searching foreclosure properties at the county courthouse. I'm unsure if I should use cash I have saved up to put money down and finance the rest of the property and rehab or take out a HEL for down payment and rehab? Any advice on starting out with financing or finding potential properties would be helpful. I have listened to a few of the podcast and they have been amazing. Also my other question is do I need all cash for a foreclosure or can I finance some of it? I guess it depends on the county. Thanks and happy to be here.

Loading replies...