PO BOX OR UPS MAILBOX

7 Replies

Hey BP Nation:)....so I am doing my first direct mail campaign next week and can't decide whether to get a PO box or go with a Ups mailbox.... Any perspective on this would be great.

Thanks

Kevin Carbon

A UPS or other mail center box will appear more like an office address, such as:

9999 E. Main St.
Suite 888
Anytown, WA 99025

Where Suite 888 is actually the box at UPS or FedEx Office.  That looks more like an office address than:

P.O. Box 888

Yep. Agree with Dev. I work from my home office and use UPS Store for business address. 1234 Main Street Suite 400 looks a lot more professional.

@Bryan R.  is right - I just signed up with USPS and am using their street addressing system. UPS wants like $20-$30 a month and the street addressing is $40 for 6 months, this does vary on location and size. I'd say that would be your most cost effective way to go.

We switched from a PO Box to a UPS Store box because UPS will take mail and packages over the counter without the item having been delivered through the mail system.  For instance, I've had two tenants in the last week drop off their rent checks at the UPS store.  The envelopes were labeled and the clerk left it in our box.  To my knowledge, USPS will not do that with a PO Box.

@Ursula B. ...USPS requires a stamp to process...

Ooops...yeah PO Box cheaper thru USPS about $75 for 6 months

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.