Looking for a new area in Seattle or Eastern WA to invest in Single family.

8 Replies

I am a new investor/landlord in the north Seattle area Investing in single family homes. I  am currently getting priced out of my neighbor hood. When looking for my next investment property I am wondering if I should look in Brier/Mount-lake Terrace or head over to Wenatchee. Has anyone had good results in Brier/ Mount[lake Terrace? Or dose anyone know of a good property manager over in Wenatchee since I wouldn't be able to mange the day to day operations if I invest in Wenatchee.

If you look at MLS in Brier and MLT area I am sure you will be disappointed, just like me.

@Daniel C.  

Wenatchee is a great town.. Much like Bend Oregon.. I could see someone living in Seattle buying that area with the idea to retire out of the rain one day.

and you could head up river as well there are some smaller towns that might have some deals.

I've heard great things about the beauty there.  

Thanks for the response guys. I have looked at the mls in MLT and Brier and have found nothing good. Eastern Washington is a very beautiful place. I am just starting my research on Wenatchee and seeing if its a visible town for me to invest in. 

If that doesn't pan out, you may want to explore south of Olympia to Grand Mound.  The area seems to be growing.  I have not researched it, just wonder every time I drive through Rochester/Grand Mound.

You might want to try Dupont or Puyallup also.

Are you looking for rentals?  Condos are a good niche market to target.  I have done deals under 100k, around 8-10% cap rate in the Seattle area.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you