What type of Hard Lending should I look for when buying Wholesale?

2 Replies

I have gotten some really great tips on Hard Money Lenders when looking for Wholesale investing. The problem I'm having is that a lot of Lender's want what they call "Skin in the game". They require a minimum of 20% in the rehab cost or purchase price for funding. Is this normal? If so how can a beginner investor invest when they are limited financially?? Why not just go to the bank to get financial approval?

Hi Felicia, and welcome. Skin in the game is pretty standard, though there are some hard money lenders which will loan up to a certain percentage of ARV, say 65-70%, even without "skin in the game". That is, however, the exception rather than the rule. I'd say search "hard money lender(s)", "HML", etc and see what companies you come up with here on BP. As to the bank, typically your wholesalers want very fast closes, which banks absolutely don't close quickly. Possibly if your wholesaler is flexible and his seller is willing to owner finance you may be able to make it work, but I rather doubt that will happen often. However, stay involved here on BP and you may run across some good ways to make things work even without a lot of investment capital. Good luck, and let us know how things are going!

ok thank you, I really do appreciate your help

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.