• Mount Vernon, Wa
Votes |
Our first Investment

Jennifer Shuler
  • Investor
  • Mount Vernon, Wa
Posted Feb 22 2015, 09:30

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to encourage all the new investors like myself to keep pushing yourselves. My husband and I began reading BP and joined a local REI club back in September 14". We listed our home in Dec. 14' (3 months later) to raise capital for another flip and we close in 4 days! ($51,000 net profit after just 3 years). We are now purchasing a HUD for $98,200 with a 203k streamline loan and will rehab and flip after the required 1 year stay. We are also looking to obtain private money later this year to flip at least one more this year. Quite a roller coaster ride but definitely worth it! My advice is definitely keep reading and learning and not be afraid to ask many "stupid" questions. Surround yourself with positive, experienced investors and keep going out of your comfort zone. We never thought we could actually find a way to make this happen but meeting an experienced investor/realtor at a local REI meeting was who encouraged us to sell and pull out equity to start. We also found another amazing realtor with over 39 flips of her own who has been our incredible mentor. There are people who can really help you in this business so make sure you keep looking until you find the right one! Don't give up!

Loading replies...