New Investor in Raleigh, NC

10 Replies

Hello Folks,

I've been running a small product development consultancy since 2008 but I have recently started a new investment real estate company to help round out that "roller coaster" revenue that's typical of consulting. I love doing what I do but feel that adding real estate investing makes sense for my long-term goals.

I am new to real estate investing and still doing research, but currently my primary interest is buy and hold rental properties, turnkeys and note investing. I recently joined the local REIA (TREIA) and am attending as many of the meetings as I can. Right now I'm just looking for education as well as networking. Also, being self-employed creates its own challenges with finding affordable financing. My goal is to leverage my assets to build a portfolio of rental properties and other investments to generate monthly cash flow now and into retirement.

I've really enjoyed BP so far as it's been a fantastic source of information and perspectives. I'm really looking forward to connecting with and learning from the community.

Cheers,

Warren

Welcome to Bigger Pockets @Warren Ginn  

It's always nice to see locals joining the forum!

Thanks Chaz!

Welcome aboard Warren

Thanks Chad and William!

Hey @William Byrd  Aircraft investing sounds interesting. Ever watch Airplane Repo on Discovery? I like that show.

Welcome it's good to see someone from N.C on BP

Thanks Devonn. I think there's a lot going on here in North Cackalacky!

@Warren Ginn  Yes! airplane repo is awesome but hollywooded up like ever other reality show. Once we had a film crew come by for a major network to film on an aircraft we sold that was being delivered to South America. One day they had the guys go fly off the coast of Wilmington, NC close to clouds and used the footage in the show as if they were dodging thunderstorms in the middle of the ocean on way to South America!

Yeah, I figure most of those shows are completely staged... But I do like seeing the different aircraft...

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.