Home owners address list

6 Replies

so I finally got my address list but now I don't know what to do with it???

HELP!!!

I went to the county and got the property owner list, how do I go about creating my yellow letter list, how do I know who to send to???

I have a huge list of buyers now but I have no sellers I have nothing to show my buyers...

I'm assuming that you got a list of active buyers in your area? Are you asking how to start a direct mail campaign? We target high equity absentee owners. I use

@Jerry Puckett and wouldn't have it any other way. You can use listsource to pull a list. It will cost you however. I don't have the time to hand write, stamp, stuff 1500+notices a month. Which is why I use Jerry. He can also walk you through some mentoring.

Medium head icon colorRyan Dossey, Call Porter | http://Callporter.com | IN Agent # RB15001099

@Israel Campos  I'm interested in obtaining a similar list which would include addresses and homeowner names.  You just go to the city/county and they will give this to you? What do you tell them? How much do they charge for this? What kind of hoops did you have to jump through? I'm quite the newbie when it comes to using lists to generate leads. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Have you considered door-to-door marketing?  You would be surprised! 

Get out there and personally meet these people in your target area.  They will get used to seeing you in their neighborhood.  If something comes up, they will seek you out.  A lot of people don't like working with Realtors, which is to your advantage.

First of all, I would start with the worst house on the street.  Since the house is in poor condition, they might be facing foreclosure.  This might be a good "wholesale" situation for you as well.

With business card in hand, I would be knocking on doors.  (Make sure the time of day makes sense)  You already have their name.

Something like: 

"Hello, Mr. or Mrs. Smith? (Pause) (they might be a renter, which Jerry spells out the advantage above - get their name), my name is..." (handing them your business card). (Gosh, if they are a renter, have they considered BUYING the home?) Did I say, get their name.

"Do you know anyone in the area who is thinking about selling?   (Pause, Pause, Pause - let them speak!)  I am working with BANK QUALIFIED buyers looking to move into the area.  They love this area (because of the schools, safe area, etc.)  If you do think of someone, please have them give me a call."

You just might stumble on someone who is facing pre-foreclosure, looking for a miracle.  At any rate, people sell for all kind of reasons.

A Seller in pre-foreclosure is very sensitive.  They do not want a ton of people walking through their home.  Tread carefully here.

Also, "you have a huge list of buyers".  For these buyers to be on your list, they must have a current Letter of Pre-Qualification from their bank.  This can be attached to the offer. 

Sorry, Israel, but....have you considered shaving your beard?  Okay, guys don't throw tomatoes at me!!!  And, of course, you want to dress professionally.

Hope this helps...Patti

@Patricia Newman  That is a well crafted script. I've already saved your suggestions and plan to try them out once I have things set up. You just saved me a lot of time!

With your script, what kind of results have you gotten? (ie: how many cold solicitations did you have to do before you got something that resulted in a close?)

Thank you all for the responses @Ryan D.   and @Lee L. , I got my list from the county courts its a general list of all property owners in the county, took me a while to figure out how to only see single family homes, in the same data I have owners of commercial, multi family and apartments, I only wanted single family homes.

My resource at the county office is very helpful and didn't mind I call several times with questions very helpful guy. I got the info from assesment department cost $50 and any mods I need after I pay he helps me with, in the same list I have the property tax info, value of house, and outstanding tax info, lol I just answered my own question on finding seller leads, and that is one part of it people with over due taxes are motivated sellers, very nice...

Lee L. i really would Try the door knocking but I fractured my foot so that's going to have to wait, but as soon as Im good I'm on that, and I really like my man hair...

@Israel Campos  Thanks for the thorough response. I think I'll hit up the city and see where it takes me. Also, I hope you make a swift recovery and your marketing plan becomes successful. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you