How do I find good inspector at interested location?

4 Replies

HI BP,

I am living in San Jose, CA. I am looking at SFP property near Cleveland OH and  am working with a turn key house. 

How can I find a good inspector there to look at the property for me?

Where can I look up inspector at any location?

Any advice?

Thank you.

Randy

@Randy Fung ,

You can reach out to people on BP who are from Cleveland for referral. Or what I used to do before getting on BP was to find a local BNI (Business Network International) group at the location that I'm interested in buying first. The host of their local chapters can usually refer some inspectors in their network.

VK.

@Randy Fung I have used Rod Whittington, 216-952-8500. I have no complaints, I have also had colleagues use him as well.

He was the past president of the local chapter of the American Society of Home Inspectors, so apparently his peers thought he was capable as well.

I have no affiliation with him, other than having used him professionally. 

Best of luck.

A lot of people use http://www.inspectors5000plus.com/.  Supposedly they have all done over 5000 inspections.  

I have a couple of names of inspectors a lot of the investors I work with use.  If you would like them PM me I am happy to share.  

Thank you. 

Isaac, VK, and Ryan.

I will follow with you later tonight if I need any further help.

Randy Fung

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.