Do Bandit signs really work especially when theres a thousand other ones out there

4 Replies

I was debating whether to even bother, but i am going to go with it anyways, also any other marketing tooks you guys would suggest!!?!

ever wonder why there are so many around?   If they didn't work, they wouldn't be there.

Personally I hate things like bandit signs, window flyers, direct mailers, etc. For some reason I just find them detestable. At one time I was doing some marketing consulting for a car dealership, who used windshield flyers as one of their main sources of advertising, and I remember telling them "If you left this crap on my windshield, the only reason I would remember your business, is so I could never do business with you." I know for the vast majority of people it doesn't cause that same type of response, but I just cant stand that type of marketing. 

Just my 2 cents...

Adam

I hear you, Adam.  But be careful not to make one of the biggest mistakes that a marketer can make - thinking that you are representative of your target market.  The average consumer probably does not LOVE flyers or mailers or signs.  But - as you recognized above - they don't HATE them either, as you do.  

Most people don't pay much attention to advertising unless it speaks to some pain or opportunity in their life.   Advertising is about getting your message to your target audience via the best channels (media) available.  In this business, signs, direct mail, door hangers, flyers, etc. can all be very effective media for the "Sell your house Fast for Cash in As-Is Condition" message.

@Dev Horn

You're absolutely right, these signs do work, hence the reason a lot of people use them. My personal feeling aside, it is one of the few marketing strategies that can get a negative reaction as opposed to being ignored. TV and Radio, websites, etc are often ignored, but almost never produce a negative reaction from someone. Now it might be that those methods don't produce as many quality leads, and I totally get that. Just know that you will alienate at least a small portion of people using bandit signs and the like, although to be completely fair, I'm not the type that would sell my house as-is to a wholesaler/investor anyway so alienating me isn't really a bad thing.

Adam

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here