Whole Sale Website deal

4 Replies

I have a friend that does websites and I'm meeting with him Wednesday about making one for me.  One of the earlier bigger pockets podcast the guest talked about everyone that works for him is a commission based pay.  I loved that idea because it gives the person a reason to do a good job.  With that said what would/do you guys think a good % or set amount would be for leads that produce a deal from the website?  I'll pay all the actual costs for the website because I want it in my name, but as far as his time updating it and tweaking ad words etc I think I'd like to start out with this method.  All ideas/comments/concerns welcome!  Thanks! 

I've made the core of my money online, and paying a percentage the website creator is a bit more than i could bear, although I understand your point if they are going to do full blown marketing (PPC, SEO or CPM). To me website creation is a flat rate. On the other hand if they are actually going to create new leads that turn into real value and spend their own money on ads fair enough, there is percent value in their expertise and costs.

It really would depend on what type of income/rental/sale your getting from the leads and what the opportunity cost is. You would have to determine if the website/ads are really creating constant traffic and value that needs updating/attention. Otherwise if someone builds something static (website) then wants payment from it 2 years later with 0 additional work, why? 

@Bobby Stabil If I were to pay on commission he would have to be doing the work for creating leads, that would be the incentive for him to do more/better lead generating.  If he is not interested in this type of deal I will just pay for the website and take on the extra work myself.  I like the idea of farming out work to people if they produce as good or better than I can.  

Hi Adrian,

When you get your site up, I can see if your SEO is actually active.  Many of my friends including myself were paying extra for that option to find out later that we were never getting the service.  

I have a close friend that not only knows the coding process, but he also knows programming and website development.  His passion though is coding. 

Good luck.

Melissa

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.