Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Stephen Brown
  • Mansfield, MA
Votes |
Newbie - I have a private investor, What next???

Stephen Brown
  • Mansfield, MA
Posted Mar 24 2015, 19:26

So I am new to this whole game when talking about real estate investing. I am a licensed electrician working in a senior PM position for a MA ESCO. I have extensive construction experience i.e commercial, residential etc. 

The owner of my company has on more than one occasion mentioned to me he is very interested in building a real estate portfolio. Funny that, so am I! One problem is I am not financially in a position to start my real estate portfolio, he is. He is willing to put up $100k and he is open to all options. He wants me to put a few real estate investment options together. I see this as a great opportunity to build experience before I sink my own money into the game.

But my question is how do I sell this plan to him? And how do I build in a little earner for myself on top of the invaluable experience. A % of the profit maybe? I will be doing most of the work using my contractor contacts. We are sourcing a real estate agent right now as well as this I know will be a vital piece of the jigsaw. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Loading replies...