Kansas City MO realtor/PM

7 Replies

SO I've been through some of the old threads about KC investing and pretty much sold on it. Im now in the process of vetting out locals in the area that are familiar with working with out of state investors. Ive contacted a few realtors/PMs but communication seems to be a bit lacking. I believe that 24 hours for a response is an ample amount of time especially if its a potential new client.

My price range is<100k  multi or single family ideally something that needs little or no work. look forward to any recommendations!

I agree 24 hours is ample time,  I respond to all of my out of town investors  promptly. 

Originally posted by @Rob Z. :

SO I've been through some of the old threads about KC investing and pretty much sold on it. Im now in the process of vetting out locals in the area that are familiar with working with out of state investors. Ive contacted a few realtors/PMs but communication seems to be a bit lacking. I believe that 24 hours for a response is an ample amount of time especially if its a potential new client.

My price range is<100k  multi or single family ideally something that needs little or no work. look forward to any recommendations!

@Rob Z.

I know how you feel.  I have been having communication issues with my PM in Birmingham.   Luckily my KC PM is pretty responsive.  Better yet, he tracks down answers to my questions.

I wish I could help you with the best areas, (saw your crime post) but mine are all over the area.  My PM prefers the suburbs.

You might check www.turnkey-reviews.com.   Hope you find a good property.

Thanks @Jim Workman @Raphael J.

Ive checked out turn-key reviews and while I want to put trust into the reviews I wonder how many of the reviews were planted in by employees of the companies in question.

Side note, I actually started my real estate seaerch in AZ, wow, things have really changed in the last few years in regards to cashflow out there.

Turn key companies have their place they are convenient for the end buyer and yet convince always cost. If you source the home hire  the crew/contractor and then get a local pm to place and manage  tenant you have a better chance at larger margins

Originally posted by @Rob Z. :

Thanks @Jim Workman @Raphael J.

Ive checked out turn-key reviews and while I want to put trust into the reviews I wonder how many of the reviews were planted in by employees of the companies in question.

Side note, I actually started my real estate seaerch in AZ, wow, things have really changed in the last few years in regards to cashflow out there.

@Rob Z.

I would search BP for a PM. I have seen some on here for Kansas City. You have some great goals! There are a lot of topics on here in regards to Kansas City. Turnkey-reviews is also a great site, as others have stated. 

Try @William Robison he's here on BP I've met him personally here at a local BP meetup. See if he is taking on new investors.

So as of now Im deciding between two PM companies, arrow equity trust and another company. The folks at Arrow have been very responsive and have actually been recommended by a few BPers. Well see how it goes. Thanks for all the input guys.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide