Where in my wholesale beginning journey, should my focus be?

3 Replies

Afternoon all,

As I'm finishing up some training, and going over my notes and "take action" assignments, I found myself stuck when it came to landing pages/websites and business cards.  So, I came to biggerpockets to read up on other newbie questions concerning these same topics.  And, I realize that it's not pertinent for me to have those things right now, as marketing is far more important. 

I have my googlevoice set and my script in place and,  I truly want to help sellers who are in distress to transition smoothly out of their situation by having a buyer in place.  So, my plan is to market as heavily-affordable and to be consistent.  I may even hire a v/a to cold-call for me in addition to purchasing a car magnet.  So, postcards will be my tool and I believe I can start at 1000pcs/mo.

Here is where my question lies.  I don't want to become overwhelmed with anything that I shouldn't be overwhelmed with.  All I want to do is the action work.  What are the 3 main things that you as a professional wholesaler would tell an aspiring real estate investor, who is serious and passionate about helping owners solve their problem, to do that will have them hit the ground running, as they say?  I started my wholesale training about 6 days ago.  Now it's time to do.  Thanks in advance.

Also, I have a buyers list of 21 investors.  I have their contact info and the property addresses of their last purchase.  I am in the process of prepping their letters to introduce myself and to request that they call me, where I can pre-screen them with a few questions.  What other action-step should I be doing right now? 

Hello Takeya,

Eric Kang is an established wholesaler in my area.  He may be able to help you out with some of your questions.  He is part of the BP community.  I would look him up and send him a message.  

Welcome to BP, and good luck with your wholesaling business.  

Thank you for your vote.  I am in the fix and flip business, and I also buy and hold.

I hope I was helpful.

Good luck.

Melissa

Thanks so much Melissa.  I'll reach out to him now.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here