College Grad ready to make a mark in Philadelphia

8 Replies

BP Community,

I am beginning my road to real estate investing in the Philadelphia/County area. I have a network of some highly successful commercial and residential sales brokers who have serious contacts in the Philadelphia region. I am studying to become an agent, and studied land development in college; through my education I have been able to connect with some players in the industry and once I can lock a deal I will be immediately reaching out.

I would prefer to start out working WITH an investor, ideally seasoned personnel, but a newbie in the game would be a great because I am hoping to start out doing joint ventures with other new investors.

I have a great sales, and over-the-phone personality, and I would be a great asset to anyone who needs help (FOR FREE). I think the key when starting out in this competitive industry is to remain as humble as possible, so I just wanted to reach out to the community, and if anyone has any information that they would like to share please post!

Responses are greatly appreciated.

Hassani Graves

@Hassani Graves

Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers).

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul

Thanks for the welcome fellas!

Welcome and good luck! 

I'm a young investor as well in the area. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

@Hassani Graves welcome to BP. I see you are out of Horsham, which just happens to be the town where DIG holds its monthly main meeting (hundreds of members attend). The DIG website is 

http://digonline.org/

Send me a colleague request with a brief intro message and I can you some info about DIG meetings via the BP PM system. 

welcome @Hassani Graves

I am also a local investor feel free to reach out with any questions.  What types of deals do you plan on doing?

@Steve Babiak really appreciate the welcome and information, I will PM you very soon to receive more information as I am very interested.

Thanks again,

Hassani Graves

@Greg Behan

Hey Greg, thank for the welcome and generosity. I have a great marketing sense and so I am going to start out with wholesaling, and meeting as many leads as possible in the area. My network is a little short of hard lenders, and contractors. I will PM you with some questions very soon.

Thanks,

Hassani

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you