Best way to contact real estate agents

3 Replies

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I've been reading books and online resources on RE investing, and I want to start taking action! I live in the Bristol , CT area. I'd like to get started wholesaling. I'm not an agent but one idea I came across was to speak to agents about sending me expired listings, promising to refer people who want a new agent to them. Has anyone had any success with this idea?



@Darlene Lyons

Welcome to BP. I am a licensed realtor in CT and am based in Plainville/Southington and do a lot of work in Bristol and Hartford County. 

If you need some guidance as you get started wholesaling please do not hesitate reaching out. It is not hard for a realtor to set you up with an expired listing search through the MLS.

Thanks Michael, I will need some practical guidance for sure! As a follow up question, I know that this is not difficult to set up on an mls system, but from the point of view of a realtor, is a promise of referrals from the wholesaler enough? Do most realtors charge for expired listings in some way? I think its a practical question because I'm not established yet to where I can point to my track record of success with a realtor.

If thats what you want to do.

Become licensed and become your own agent.
Its not that Realtors are lazy but 15% of them do 90% of the business.  I should know, I am a Realtor.

The 15% who are great Realtors will not help you for free. And the remaining 85% who do nothing- Will do nothing for you.   Unless you get lucky and find a young new "go-getter" realtor.  However, thats VERY hard.

Get your license do it yourself.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here