Naming My Company

1 Reply

Hi,
My name is Dontae. First off I just wanna ask everyone, how is your investing going as of today? Hopefully everything's smooth sailing and I wish you the best of luck on making it in this business. Now to my point so yesterday I had a long talk with a partner of mine who preached the importance of ownership. I took heed to what was said and now I wanna start my own LLC. But first I need a name. Any Suggestions???

For me it depended on the purpose of my company. When I established my property management corp (to manage my own rentals), I wanted it to kind of sound like something you may have heard of. A generic 2 name co, like the investment firms. When I established my first LLC to hold commercial apt buildings, I wanted it to sound like the address or types of apts I was buying. In either case I had a specific purpose or a specific apt building under contract first. I wouldn't go out and establish a business entity willy-nilly to maybe buy a house someday. I would not put single-family homes into an LLC until I had a bunch and they were paid off. What is your business purpose or goal @Dontae Dixon ?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.