• Houston, TX
Votes |
Absentee Owner....Wholesaling?

Amber Koontz
Pro Member
  • Houston, TX
Posted May 3 2015, 20:05

Good Evening

I think this is an absentee wholesaling question, but I'm not sure.

I've come across some land that my brother wants that could be viewed as an absentee owner. From time to time someone will come out and cut the yard, but it's really not taken care of. There was a house on the land that was demolished by the city maybe 2 years ago. The original owner passed away quite some time ago (when the family lived there we had a pretty good relationship, the remaining members live else where). I used the Harris County Appraisal District site to locate contact and property information. My scenario:

I reach out to them with a letter offering to buy as I would in a wholesaling deal, maybe get an offer accepted, put it under contract, and then get my brother to buy? Where do I obtain legal contracts? Can I do this as stated? I am also aware of a home that will be up for sale soon as the owners will be moving for a job in another state. Can I do this as well with that and maybe flip to gain more and or just hold?

Please excuse the newbie questions. I'm still learning, but it seems like so much opportunity is around me. I want to be active, but I want to have enough knowledge to make a move the right way. 

Loading replies...