The Deal, the Agent, the Attoney, the Broker, the CPA.

3 Replies

What do you all suggest to find first? The deal, the Agent, the Broker, the Attorney, or the CPA.

I would think finding the deal would be first and everything else would follow.

What order do you guys think this should be in? Also, would you even need all these players on your first deal?

Thanks,

Chris

You're right, @Chris Sardine .  Finding the deal is usually first.  A lot of times the agent/broker helps you do this.  Sometimes the attorney helps you find deals if they deal in probates and/or bankruptcy for instance.  In general, you won't need a CPA or attorney without the deal.  If the deal is an owner-finance, you may seek an attorney or at the least a good title co to check the ppwk out.  When you get large and successful, the CPA consult and attorney consult to establish your entities may be in order.  Good question!

I'm a fan of finding a team first -- usually the agent finds the deals, in my experience. After that you can get the rest in steps, but if you're serious about moving quickly (and I have always found speed to be a huge asset for me) having everything in place beforehand helps everything move efficiently. Why find a deal only to discover that someone else's contract was already accepted when you submit yours?

Are you paying cash?  If you aren't a lender/mortgage broker is a good place to start.  They should be able to help you find a good agent/broker for your area.  Usually finding an agent is pretty easy, but finding one with an investment mind-set can be challenging.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide