• Real Estate Investor
  • Heber City, UT
Votes |
Utah investor new to BP and REI

Isaac Garner
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Heber City, UT
Posted May 15 2015, 06:20

I am new to REI and looking to get into the business. I am a corrections officer, have a wife and 4 kids 10-5 years old. I live in a town of Heber City (24,000+ with higher than state average property values). I am only 20 minutes from Utah County (Provo-Orem area) and an hour from Salt Lake.

I have been on BP for 25 days, but this is my first post. I have listened to the first 37 podcasts and try to listen to two per day. I've read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", "Wholesaling Real Estate: A Beginners Guide", "Whate Every Real Estate Investor Needs To Know About Cash Flow And 36...", "The Ultimate Beginner's Guild...", I've started reading "The Wealthy Code" and attended my first REIA meeting.

So far, this is what I have come up with...

I am planning on doing wholesaling as I have the income and budget to do some marketing. After a couple of wholesale deals and when I get a deal come across my table that I feel I can flip and make decent money as a newbie, I want to flip it and continue flipping few properties to see if wholesaling or flipping is more my niche. I will still continue with my marketing and wholesaling while doing my flips. The plan is to eventually get into buy and holds and do some real investing for my retirement. I will be able to retire from law enforcement at age 48 with a pension and 401K but I would like to bank all that and live off of my REI.

I would love any advice BP Nation has.

Loading replies...